My photo
Sup. We're Monster and Slim. We are two mutated zombie movie watchers who love to eat movies. Monster likes movies with a lot of action, a good story line, and with lots of zombies. Slim likes movies with lots of blood, action, a good story that can be followed, and lots of hot women. Neither of us like movies that star Lindsay Lohan, Zac Efron, or Miley Cyris. But we Love Megan Fox!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Some Random Online Videos

Slim here. These are a couple of short films that I watched on Youtube.

Food Fight

Food Fight is a stop-motion animation, written, directed, and animated by Stefan Nadelman. The film is based on the story of America's war-mongered history told through the main foods of each country. Click here for the cheat-sheet of the foods and countries they represent.

The short film begins with WWII and ends in the present day war against terrorism. This film kept me interested and entertained, with all the sloppy food explosions and awesome animations. For example, when the Japanese bombed Perl Harbor, the film portrayed it as kamikaze sushi rolls (the Japanese) bombing hamburgers (Perl Harbor/ the United States). That was one of my favorite scenes from this short film.

This film also has a pretty liberal outlook on the wars that have happened throughout the years. If you watch the short film you'll see what I'm talking about. Other than that, I liked this film a lot, and thought the stop-motion animation was awesome.

Want to watch the Food Fight? Click here.


Great Tasting Americano

Great Tasting Americano is a short film made by WashMe Productions. It's basically about a guy who wakes up in the morning and wants to buy a cup of Massive Drink Station coffee. Along the way, he kills a guy and jacks his truck. The police chase him, killing a guy and a cat in the process. In the end, he loses the police and buys a cup of coffee.

I liked the stop-motion animation a lot, done by Peter Green and Regan Music. I thought it was pretty cool how they used paper to make their models, made by Thomas Hsien. I also liked the way they used the Grand Theft Auto theme in their film. Another thing that caught my attention was the set, made by Gaurav Mehra and Leng Khun.

However, I thought this film was a bit point less. All it's doing is advertising a coffee shop. If there was a meaningful story behind it all, this film would be awesome. Besides that, I thought Great Tasting Americano was pretty good and it kept me entertained the entire time.

Watch Great Tasting Americano here.


Zombies in Plain English

Zombies in Plain English is a short film, made by Commoncraft, that tells you step-by-step how to identify a zombie, kill it, and survive an attack.

I thought this instructional film was a bit lame. The commentators voice sounded nerdy, and the illustrations were childish. If they had realistic zombie pictures, and that awesome movie announcers voice giving the instructions, the film would be pretty entertaining. By itself, the film really didn't grab my attention, and I got bored faster than I expected.

To watch Zombies in Plain English click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment